Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome


This idea has been mulling around in my head for awhile now. To carve out a little place for all the ordinary things that make a house a home; things that are simple and small, but added up they compose a way of life that seems to have been lost, a melody that has floated away on a breeze and is no longer remembered.
This world is big and chaotic and loud. Our homes should be a sanctuary for our families; to nestle in and comfort and be comforted. A place of refuge and simplicity and rest. My soul yearns for a simpler way of life. To make, cook, heal as our grandmothers and great grandmothers did. I want to create a place of refuge and warmth for my family that can't be bought in a store. It can only be made by hand.
My goal for this year is to learn- slow down and learn to do things myself instead of letting convenience and cost do them for me. Hopefully, I will be able to gain new skills, save some money, and make some long-lasting changes that will create a more purposeful and joyful way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment