Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Confession...


I bought eggs. 2 dozen actually.
I tried making brownies without eggs, with applesauce instead, but it turned into a bubbling, oily, black mess. 
Live and learn.
So, I guess I will just make brownies when I have eggs. I bet it would work instead of the oil, though.
Anyway, Im thinking I need to redo my challenge. I want to cut down my grocery budget anyway, and making things from scratch will definitely help. So here's what I'm thinking.
I will post over in the sidebar my total allotted grocery budget by week and by month. Im going to try for half my normal budget for the next 4 weeks. Usually it's about $500 a month for the 6 of us. So for the next month ( starting yesterday when I got the eggs) I will have $62.50 a week to spend on food and household products- whatever I can't make myself. I think this is way more doable and encouraging to me than telling myself I can't spend any money for x amount of time, and then feeling like I failed the first time I need something.
I will report on what I spend and what is left for that week and put any leftover change in a collection for our vacation later in the Spring. Sound good? Maybe it will encourage someone else to learn this stuff alongside me and save money and learn new skills too.

No comments:

Post a Comment