Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fruit Snacks

Something that my kids love, but which I rarely buy are fruit snacks. For a few different reasons.

1. For all the shiny, colored packaging, there really isn't a whole lot of product in there.
2. Most fruit snacks taste like chemical versions of fruit.
3. They can be pretty expensive.

But homemade fruit snacks are incredibly easy to make, which is great, because they won't last long. My kids (and The Husband, and my brother) love these.


Homemade Fruitsnacks

1 (3 oz) package jello
2 (.25 oz) envelopes unflavored gelatin- I use Knox because it's the only kind I've been able to find. There are 4 envelopes to a box.
1/3 c. water
Mix all together and heat over medium until dissolved. Carefully pour into candy molds or an ice cube tray. Let cool until pliable but dry- about 15-20 minutes. Peel out of molds and enjoy. These do not need to be kept in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment