Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waffle Mix



Last night,  Lovely wanted waffles for dinner. I already had something planned, but I told her we could have them for breakfast. So before I went to bed, I searched pinterest for a good waffle mix from scratch and this is what I found. These are by far THE BEST waffles I have ever had. They taste like french toast. My kids said they taste like marshmallows, and that they are "gooder than the other kind", (the pancake and waffle mix kind we normally have) and I wholeheartedly agree. I made up 4 mixes tonight to have on hand.
These cook up really quick in the waffle iron, and are slightly crunchy on the outside, very soft on the inside. They freeze well; just thaw and stick in the toaster for a minute to reheat.
The original recipe calls for blueberries, but we didn't have any so I made some plain and some with chocolate chips.
I wonder if it would work for pancakes as well. Only one way to find out...

Here is the recipe, from One Hundred Dollars A Month, my new favorite blog.

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 /2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
extra blueberries to sprinkle on top
powered sugar and syrup

Directions
Mix the wet ingredients with the dry.  Cook on a lightly greased waffle iron.  Sprinkle fresh berries and  blueberries over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment