Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Brownie Mix

I've never made homemade brownies, I think the idea always intimidated me for some reason. It seemed like alot of work for not being sure how they would turn out. But this recipe from Fake-It-Frugal for "Fake Betty Crocker Brownies" seemed so easy I had to try it, given my new "Make-Do Challenge."
Some days we all just need a little chocolate, and brownies are the perfect pick-me-up.
I used 2 of my remaining 5 eggs on these, and I'd say it was definitely worth it. These taste just like the real thing. Next time however , I will try them with applesauce and baking powder as a substitute for the eggs, or maybe some flaxseed.

Fake-It-Frugal's Fake Betty Crocker Brownies

1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

mix all together and bake at 350 about 20-25 minutes

These are very easy to make a few mixes for your pantry- just pour the dry ingredients in a ziploc bag and label.

No comments:

Post a Comment