Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

The "Make-Do" Challenge

Some of my goals for this blog, besides just being a placeholder for all the recipes and tutorials I need to keep track of, are to chronicle a year of learning how to make everyday things from scratch, how to use what we have at home instead of running out to the store, and how to save money on what we do buy.

Today I'm challenging myself to make do with what we have at home for...hm...lets say 2 weeks just to start. I usually go grocery shopping every two weeks and I went last Saturday, so that pushes me an extra week out. This will really force encourage me to learn to make some things I would normally buy.

Times like these are when it's a good idea to have a stocked pantry. We'll talk more about that later.

 *I'm not sure what to do about milk. We have one gallon now, and the husband doesn"t like powdered milk. 3 weeks seems a long time to stretch a gallon. Oh well, we will see. It's part of the fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment